Karnataka CM further blamed an influx of people from Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu for a spike in coronavirus cases in the state.
Bengaluru: Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa on Tuesday announced that there will be no further lockdown in capital Bengaluru or any other part of the state. Addressing the people of the state via social media channels, Yediyurappa said restrictions will now continue only in COVID-19 containment zones.
“There’ll be no lockdown from tomorrow. Lockdown is not the solution, now restrictions will be placed only in containment zones,” the Karnataka CM stated.
Yediyurappa stressed that it was important to keep the economic cycle moving.
“People need to get back to work, the economy is also very important. We have to fight COVID-19 while maintaining a stable economy,” he said.
The ongoing round of lockdown in state capital Bengaluru ends at 5 am tomorrow.
The CM further blamed an influx of people from Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu for a spike in coronavirus cases in the state.
People who came from Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu added to the COVID-19 cases in Karnataka,” he said.
The CM also talked about a 5T strategy to bring down the coronavirus situation under control.
Experts have suggested a 5T strategy – Trace, Track, Test, Treat and Technology,” Yediyurappa stated.
The Chief Minister’s Office had earlier informed that the CM would be addressing the people of the state through YouTube and Facebook Live on Tuesday evening.
The Honourable Chief Minister will be addressing the people of the state live through YouTube and Facebook at 5 pm today evening,” the CMO had said in a statement.
The address came just ahead of the end of about a week-long lockdown in Bengaluru urban and rural areas, which was imposed to curb the further spread of COVID-19 cases.
A complete lockdown was imposed in Bengaluru urban and rural areas starting 8 pm on July 14, till 5 am of July 22, i.e. tomorrow.
Several other districts in the state had also announced similar lockdown measures during the same period.