On Wednesday three more patients have been tested positive for Coronavirus and are being isolated at designated hospitals in Bengaluru. State Medical Education Minister, Dr Sudhakar K in the Assembly said that there are a total of 14 positive COVID-19 cases in Karnataka
A 35-year-old man (patient 14) landed in Bengaluru on March 10 from the US and on March 16, he started showing symptoms. He was admitted to the hospital and on March 18, he was tested positive for COVID-19. The Health officials are tracking primary and secondary contacts of this person.
Earlier in the day, the State Health and Family Welfare Minister B Sriramla tweeted stating, “Two more #Covid19 case has been registered in Bangalore today, taking the total infected cases to 13. A 56-year-old male, resident of Bangalore returned from USA on 6th March. Another, 25 yr old female, who has returned from Spain. Both are admitted in designated isolated hospital.”
The officials said that necessary treatments are underway and both patients are stable currently.
The primary and secondary contacts of these two patients are being tracked. The State government will give more details shortly. The officials are yet to give details of the 11th patient and on Tuesday the health officials said that they are still tracking the contacts of the 11th patient.